CKM CLUB RULES
All CKM Members are expected to adhere to the following rules & guidelines. We do not allow individuals with criminal records or gang affiliations to train with us under any circumstances.
A. Club Etiquette
1. Conduct oneself in a serious and respectful manner.
2. Listen carefully to all instructions and guidelines from Instructors.
3. Treat fellow students with civility and respect in a way that promotes the best learning/training environment possible.
4. Demonstrate control and reasonable levels of safety during practice.
1. Club T-Shirts are to be worn by members during all classes, gradings and other CKM related events. Club hoodies/jumpers with the CKM logo are also permitted.
2. Members must train with appropriate protective gear at all times. For the beginner/novice level classes, this includes an upper palate mouth guard, and groin guard (required for men and women). Additional protective gear is required for Intermediate and Advanced level classes, as well as for some club events. CKM will always notify students ahead of time of these requirements
3. Display hight levels 11112of personal hygiene during classes, gradings, and other CKM related events. This includes using good deodorant, keeping nails trimmed and clean, training with clean clothes and clean shoes (free of dirt, rocks, etc), and properly dressing cuts and /or other hazardous injuries prior to participation.
4. Appropriate training pants or shorts and shoes are required to participate in all classes and CKM related events.
5. Jewelry must be removed prior to participation (this includes but is not limited to watches, necklaces, rings, earrings and other piercings). If such items cannot be removed they must be securely taped over for protection.
6. Grading patches are to be attached to ALL club T-Shirts. Position patches on the LEFT SLEEVE, beginning with the lowest grading number at the bottom. (Picture to be added soon for reference)
1. All new students are required to attend and participate in CKM's Club Induction (see ??? page for reference).
2. Students are required to sign up for the Induction they will be attending upon enrollment.
3. Students who have trained in Krav Maga extensively prior to joining CKM may be assessed for exemption by The Head Instructor.
1. Once a grading session has been announced, students must sign up to be assessed for eligibility two weeks in advance. During this time, students are expected to attend as many classes as possible for technique review, practice and for proper assessment. Each student will be personally notified by The Head Instructor once eligibility has been determined.
2. Students must pay for grading prior to when it is scheduled. There are no refunds once grading has taken place, regardless of whether the grading is completed, passed or failed.
3. Students must be on time in order to participate.
4. Conditions for passing are based on a student's ability to demonstrate the techniques specific to the level being tested. sufficient levels of knowledge , control and competence with regards to the technuiqes and tactics specific to the level being tested. This includes but is not limited to: competence, control, the ability to adapt to dynamic situations, appropriate levels of aggression (as the defender and aggressor), as well as physical and mental endurance over the course of the grading session.
5. Failing a grading will occur if a student no-shows, becomes injured during grading and cannot continue, quits, demonstrates inappropriate levels of aggression/behavior, or if the student is unable to perform proper techniques required of the level being tested.
6. Passing Level 4 permit students to attend classes of all levels.
7. Gradings from other systems or Krav Maga schools are not equivalent to the CKM system.
E. General Guidelines
1. Students should train on a regular basis in order to get the most out of their self defense training and skills.
2. Injuries must be brought to The Head Instructor's attention, whether they occurred during class or elsewhere.
3. All workshops and other CKM events have limited space and therefore require pre-registration and payment to hold a place.
4. CKM encourages all members to come and support their fellow students during gradings, as part of our club culture